11.30.2009

Nostalga

A very dangerous thing that is. Most people associate it with like an old friend or a place they grew up. I associate it with feelings. I think most people do that too so i guess I'm just talking out of my butt. The point is that it can be dangerous for me, make me want old things that I used to have because they make me feel a certain way.

I think I'm finally over the hump. Over the mountain I have been climbing for a year and a half. I have battled fits of drinking, depression, rage, hate, malice, self isolation, douche-baggy-ness, and apathy and what have I learned... beer makes you fat. No just kidding haha. I learned that all of my problems stemmed from things that I didn't like about myself. I was distant with most people I knew, I was centered around myself and what I wanted to do. Sure there were things in my life that were out of my control but my actions sure didn't help those things.

I can say finally, after a totaled car, 4 different residences, 35 pounds, 2 jobs, 1 Band and one 5'6" mistake, I'm am ready to start my life. I'm only 24... not that far behind right?

No comments:

Post a Comment